Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Going for Gold

I have spent most of my gold in the two weeks buying mats to get a decent tanking gear, as such, I am bankrupt.

Last weekend saturday morning, I had 300 gold on my banker and 200g on my main. I decided it's time to go back to AH but this time I'm going to take it more seriously to get enough gold.

I currently have JC(441)/BS(440) on my main, an alt enchanter(390) and a miner(310). I started buying cheap materials to make some belt buckles

saronite ore - 13g/stack <- pretty cheap!
eternal water - 30g/stack
eternal earth - 120g/stack
eternal shadow - 160/stack

I made about 20 of them and started listing two at a time for 35-37g per belt. These went pretty fast especially during the weekend

Next up, is my enchanter. I decided to level up my enchanting and while I'm doing it I might as well buy some armor and weapon vellums. I was surprised how much profit scrolls were giving me. My best sellers these past days are SP to gloves, icewalker, +8 stat to chest, +atk gloves, and +def to chest.

After collecting profits last weekend. I decided to buy the recipe for +24 stam gem as I notice there are hardly any posted. Bought a stack of cheap rare blue gems, cut them, and posted two at a time. I sell them for around 45-65g. I can't touch the epic gem market since I am not 450 yet, I should be though in the next couple days or so.

I've just been messing around with the three professions I mentioned above in the past couple days and I must say I am both enjoying the AH experience and of course the gold waiting for me on my mail box.

As of last night I was sitting at 3400 gold on my bank alt. I only gained about 3k gold but you gotta remember I started with 300 gold last saturday plus I'm a complete beginner.

What I need to work on:

I need to have a system down, switching characters back and forth only to find out that I missed and item to send can get really old. I am new at this so I guess this is normal?

Adding on to the item above, I need to have a list and a spreadsheet of some sort to keep track of items that I need to craft and hopefully see a pattern of what items sells when.

Lastly, I need to get my alchemist up there. I think my hunter(lvl 62) is at 305 alchemy. I need to get it up there so I can break into the herbalism so I can start transmuting.

I need to be patient and intelligent on how to deal with AH campers. One already on to me on my belt buckle business. He keeps undercutting me and even sent me a message saying he is gold capped and he will drive the price down. My reaction? I just posted the belts and let it sit at AH as I know they will sell. One thing I should have noticed though is he kept cancelling his auctions whenever he'd post a new one(maybe those were the same items he posted?) If he goes below mat cost I will definetely buy them.

My goal before July ends is 15k-20k gold. I'm new at this and I'm learning along the way. Hopefully once I have a system and have more gold to invest, my earnings per day would increase exponentially.

No comments: